This article has been reviewed by Laura and Sumeet, travel enthusiasts who have travelled to 40+ countries. (Follow @Ciao.Namaste on Youtube). Should you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our blog exploring the world of 95 mm variable ND filters. If you’re a photographer or videographer seeking ultimate control over light and exposure, these filters are a game-changer.
Designed to fit lenses with a 95mm filter thread, they offer versatility, convenience, and stunning creative possibilities. With the ability to smoothly adjust light reduction, you can capture captivating long exposures, control depth of field in bright conditions, and achieve cinematic effects in videography.
In this article, we’ll delve into the benefits, applications, and tips for using 95 mm variable ND filters, empowering you to unleash your creativity and elevate your visual storytelling.
Best 95 mm Variable ND Filters
Here’s a list of some of the best 95 mm Variable ND Filters available online
The Urth ND2-400 1-8 95mm Variable Filter is a versatile photography accessory available on Amazon. Designed for lenses with a 95mm filter thread, this variable neutral density (ND) filter allows photographers to conveniently control the amount of light entering the lens.
Its adjustable density range of ND2 to ND400 provides flexibility for various shooting conditions, enabling the user to achieve creative effects such as motion blur, shallow depth of field, and balanced exposures in bright environments.
The filter is constructed with high-quality optical glass to ensure minimal color distortion and optimal image clarity. Its rotating outer ring allows for seamless adjustment of the neutral density effect, granting photographers precise control over exposure settings without the need to frequently switch filters.
This Urth ND2-400 Variable Filter is a valuable tool for both amateur and professional photographers seeking to enhance their creative potential and capture stunning visuals across a range of scenarios.
The Concept Variable ND2-ND400 95mm Filter, available on Amazon, is a versatile photography accessory designed for lenses with a 95mm filter thread.
This adjustable neutral density (ND) filter offers a variable density range from ND2 to ND400, enabling photographers to have precise control over light exposure.
By twisting the outer ring, users can easily adjust the filter’s intensity, making it ideal for capturing various creative effects, such as motion blur, depth of field control, and balanced exposures even in bright lighting conditions. The filter features a multi-layer coating for optimal optical performance, reducing glare and ensuring color accuracy.
This Concept Variable ND filter is a valuable tool for photographers seeking to expand their artistic horizons by having a single filter that adapts to different lighting situations, eliminating the need for multiple filters. It’s suitable for both amateur and professional photographers looking to enhance their photography capabilities.
The True Color Variable ND Filter is a versatile tool for photographers, featuring an adjustable light reduction range of 1 to 5 stops.
It enables shooting in various lighting conditions with ease. The filter is constructed with high-quality optical glass and a durable frame made of aluminum, stainless steel, and optical glass. It employs a Nano Coating that is waterproof, smudge-proof, and anti-reflective, ensuring optimal image quality and easy maintenance.
The filter’s design includes knurled edges for improved installation and a removable stainless steel control handle for easy adjustments. With its larger front filter thread and thin frame, it eliminates vignetting on ultra-wide or longer telephoto lenses, making it suitable for focal lengths of 35mm and beyond.
Bestseller GoPro Selfie Sticks
The True Color Variable ND Filter is part of the NiSi Swift System, allowing for easy expansion by adding additional 95mm Swift filters. This filter provides accurate colors without noticeable shifting, reducing the need for extensive post-processing.
It is a reliable and versatile tool for photographers seeking optimal image quality and convenience in their shooting experience.
This adapter ring is designed to be compatible with lenses featuring a 95mm filter thread, allowing photographers to attach various accessories, such as filters, hoods, or lens caps.
The adapter is made from durable materials to ensure a secure and stable connection between the lens and the accessory. It provides photographers with the flexibility to enhance their photography by using a range of different tools and accessories tailored to their specific needs.
This adapter ring is a useful addition to any photographer’s gear collection, providing the ability to expand creative possibilities and improve the quality of their photographs by using various filters and attachments.
Bestseller Copper Water Bottles
It’s a valuable accessory for both amateur and professional photographers seeking to customize and optimize their lens setups for different shooting situations.
The 95 mm variable ND Filters offered in this item is constructed with high-quality optical glass, ensuring pure and high-definition optics for a superior filmmaking experience. It features 18 layers of multi-coating that enhances light transmission and minimizes reflections, ensuring optimal image quality.
This variable ND filter is designed with a hard stop mechanism, eliminating the possibility of cross-polarization and ensuring zero vignetting (applicable for focal lengths of 16mm and above) during your shoot. This allows for consistent and uninterrupted image capture.
The filter is equipped with a multi-coating on each side of the glass element, providing protection against dust, scratches, and oil, making it suitable for various adventurous environments.
With a 6-9 stop light reduction, this filter is equivalent to an ND64-ND512, making it well-suited for shooting in bright daylight, ranging from normal sunny days to extremely bright sunny conditions. It allows for precise control over exposure and depth of field in a variety of lighting situations.
Bestseller Cupholder Bottles
Overall, this 95mm Neutral Density Filter combines the advantages of high-definition optical glass, reliable build quality, multi-coating for protection, and a versatile light reduction range. It is designed to enhance your filmmaking experience by providing excellent image quality and flexibility in controlling exposure for different shooting scenarios.
Understanding 95 mm Variable ND Filters: Beginner’s Guide
What are 95 mm variable ND filters?
95 mm Variable ND filters refer to a specific type of variable neutral density filter that is designed to fit camera lenses with a 95mm filter thread size. These filters offer the same functionality and benefits as other variable ND filters but are specifically tailored for lenses with a 95mm diameter.
Variable ND filters allow photographers and videographers to adjust the amount of light entering the lens by rotating the filter, providing a flexible and convenient solution for controlling exposure in different lighting conditions.
With a 95mm diameter, these filters are compatible with lenses that have a matching filter thread size, enabling photographers to achieve precise exposure control, capture long exposures, manage depth of field, and create various creative effects with ease.
How do 95 mm variable ND filters work?
95 mm Variable ND filters consist of two polarizing filters that can be rotated relative to each other. By adjusting the rotation, the filters vary the intensity of light entering the lens.
This allows photographers and videographers to control exposure by reducing the amount of light without affecting color or contrast, providing flexibility in various lighting conditions.
Advantages of 95 mm Variable ND Filters Over Fixed ND Filters
- Versatility: Variable ND filters provide a wide range of light reduction levels in a single filter. By rotating the filter, you can adjust the intensity of light, allowing for greater flexibility in different shooting scenarios compared to fixed ND filters that offer a fixed density.
- Convenience: With a variable ND filter, you don’t need to carry and switch between multiple fixed ND filters of different densities. This saves time, and space, and simplifies your gear setup, especially when shooting in changing lighting conditions.
- Precise Exposure Control: Variable ND filters allow for precise adjustment of light reduction, giving you more control over exposure. This is especially useful when you require fine-tuned exposure settings, such as in long exposures or when balancing exposure between different elements in a scene.
- Cost-effective: Investing in a single variable ND filter that covers a wide range of densities can be more cost-effective compared to purchasing multiple fixed ND filters of varying densities.
- Reduced Vignetting: Variable ND filters are designed to minimize vignetting, the darkening of corners in an image. This can be beneficial, particularly when using wide-angle lenses that are prone to vignetting with fixed ND filters.
Limitations and Considerations
While 95 mm Variable ND filters offer versatility, there are some limitations to consider:
- Optical Quality: Some variable ND filters may introduce a slight loss of sharpness or color accuracy. Investing in high-quality filters can help mitigate these issues.
- Color Casts: At extreme settings, variable ND filters can introduce color shifts or casts. Careful adjustment and post-processing may be required to correct these issues.
- Maximum Light Reduction: Variable ND filters have a maximum light reduction limit. In extremely bright conditions, additional fixed ND filters may be needed to achieve the desired level of light reduction.
- Price: Quality variable ND filters can be more expensive than individual fixed ND filters. Consider your budget and requirements when making a purchase decision.
- Compatibility: Ensure the filter size matches your lens thread diameter (95mm). Consider using step-up rings for lenses with smaller filter threads.
Benefits of 95 mm Variable ND Filters:
- Exceptional Light Control: These filters provide a wide range of light reduction possibilities, allowing you to adjust exposure precisely in various lighting conditions. From bright outdoor settings to low-light environments, you can achieve optimal exposure and maintain creative control over your images.
- Versatility: Variable ND filters adapt to changing lighting conditions on the go. Instead of carrying multiple fixed ND filters, a single 95 mm Variable ND filter covers a wide range of densities, making it convenient for photographers and videographers who need to quickly adjust exposure in dynamic shooting situations.
- Convenience and Space-saving: Using a single 95 mm Variable ND filter eliminates the need to carry and switch between multiple fixed ND filters. This not only saves space in your camera bag but also streamlines your workflow, enabling you to focus more on capturing the perfect shot.
- Smooth and Seamless Adjustment: The adjustable ring on a 95 mm Variable ND filter allows for smooth and seamless light reduction control. With precise adjustments, you can fine-tune exposure settings without the need for complicated exposure bracketing techniques.
Creative Use Cases of 95 mm Variable ND Filters
95 mm Variable ND filters open up a world of creative possibilities for photographers and videographers. Here are some exciting applications:
- Capturing Motion: With long-exposure photography, you can create dreamy and ethereal effects. Use the variable ND filter to extend exposure times, resulting in silky smooth waterfalls, rivers, and other moving subjects.
- Controlling Depth of Field: In bright lighting conditions, achieving a shallow depth of field can be challenging. By using a variable ND filter, you can reduce the amount of light entering the lens, allowing for wider apertures and beautiful background blur in portraits, nature, and macro photography.
- Cinematic Videography: Variable ND filters are invaluable for videographers shooting in changing lighting conditions. Smoothly adjust the filter to maintain consistent exposure and achieve desired shutter speeds, enabling you to capture cinematic footage with controlled motion blur and a professional look.
- Time-lapse Photography: Variable ND filters are ideal for creating stunning day-to-night transitions. By adjusting the filter gradually as the light changes, you can seamlessly capture the transformation from daylight to a starry night sky, adding drama and intrigue to your time-lapse sequences.
- Managing Backlighting: When shooting against strong sources of light, such as the sun or bright windows, a variable ND filter helps balance the exposure. It allows you to darken the bright areas while properly exposing the subject, preventing overexposure and preserving details.
Tips for using 95 mm Variable ND Filters
- Finding Optimal Density: Experiment with different filter density settings to achieve the desired exposure for each shooting scenario. Adjust the filter to strike a balance between maintaining detail in highlights and shadows.
- Avoiding Issues: Be cautious with extreme density settings, as they can lead to color casts or vignetting. Take test shots and make adjustments accordingly. Consider investing in high-quality filters to minimize potential issues.
- Cleaning and Maintenance: Keep your filter clean and free from smudges or dust by using a lens cleaning cloth or brush. Regularly inspect and gently clean both sides of the filter to ensure optimal performance and image quality.
- Compatibility Considerations: Check the compatibility of the 95 mm Variable ND filter with your lenses and filter systems. Use step-up or step-down rings if necessary to adapt the filter to different lens filter thread sizes.
Embrace the versatility and creative potential of 95 mm variable ND filters. By incorporating them into your photography or videography toolkit, you can elevate your work to new heights. Remember to experiment, practice, and refine your skills to fully unleash the artistic possibilities that these filters offer. We hope this guide has inspired you to explore and push the boundaries of your visual storytelling with 95 mm variable ND filters.
Note: The hours of operation, ticket prices, and admission criteria of museums, parks, etc. may change from time to time. For the most updated information, we recommend checking the official website of the attraction directly prior to your planned visit.
More From The Blog