This article has been reviewed by Laura and Sumeet, travel enthusiasts who have travelled to 40+ countries. (Follow @Ciao.Namaste on Youtube). Should you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dubai is a city that is full of contrasts, and its breakfast scene is no exception. You can find everything from traditional Arabic fare to international cuisine, all served with a touch of luxury.
No matter what your taste, you’re sure to find the perfect breakfast in Dubai to start your day off right.
If you’re looking for a traditional breakfast, try shakshuka, a tomato-based stew with eggs poached in it. Or, go for hummus and baba ghanoush, two delicious dips made from chickpeas and eggplant.
Importance of Breakfast in Dubai and Emirati Culture
Breakfast is an important meal in any culture, but it is especially important in Emirati culture. There are several reasons for this:
- It is a time for family and friends to come together. Breakfast is often the only meal of the day that the entire family eats together.
- It is a time to start the day off right. Emiratis believe that a good breakfast will give them the energy they need to face the day ahead.
- They also believe that breakfast helps to improve their health and well-being.
- When guests come to visit, it is customary to offer them breakfast. This is seen as a way of showing them welcome and respect.
The traditional Emirati breakfast in Dubai consists of a variety of dishes, including:
- Balaleet: This is a sweet dish made with vermicelli noodles, eggs, sugar, and spices.
- Aseeda: This is a porridge made from semolina flour and water. It is often served with honey or dates.
- Luqaimat: These are small, deep-fried doughnuts that are often dipped in honey or syrup
- Harees: This is a thick soup made from wheat, meat, and spices.
- Eggs: Eggs are often cooked in a variety of ways, such as scrambled, fried, or boiled.
- Chabab: It is a traditional Emirati pancake that is often served for breakfast. It is made with flour, yeast, water, eggs, sugar, and spices, such as cardamom and saffron. The batter is allowed to rise for a few hours before being cooked in a pan until golden brown. Chabab is typically served with honey, butter, or date syrup.
Today, many Emiratis also enjoy a more international breakfast, such as pancakes, waffles, or cereal. However, the traditional Emirati breakfast is still popular and is often served on special occasions, such as weddings and Eid celebrations.
5 Places For Authentic Emirati Breakfast in Dubai
This cultural center offers a traditional Emirati breakfast buffet, which includes dishes like balaleet, aseeda, harees, and luqaimat.
This restaurant serves a variety of Emirati breakfast dishes, such as balaleet, chebab, and shakshuka.
This restaurant offers a modern take on traditional Emirati breakfast, with dishes like shakshuka with labneh and aseeda with truffle honey.
This restaurant is known for its traditional Emirati breakfast, which includes dishes like balaleet, harees, and mezze.
5. Beyalah Cafe
This cafe serves a variety of Emirati breakfast dishes, as well as international dishes.
4 Places For International Breakfast in Dubai
You can also find breakfasts that reflect Dubai’s unique culinary melting pot. For example, the city has a thriving South Asian community, and you can find delicious breakfasts like puri bhaji (a savory pancake served with potatoes and vegetables) and idli (steamed rice cakes) at many restaurants.
Dubai is also home to a large Filipino community, and you can find hearty breakfasts like tapsilog (fried rice with beef, egg, and onions) and longsilog (fried rice with pork, egg, and onions) at many Filipino restaurants.
No matter what your taste, you’re sure to find a delicious and satisfying breakfast in Dubai.
Popular Places For International Breakfast in Dubai:
Bestseller GoPro Selfie Sticks
This French bakery and cafe is a popular spot for breakfast, lunch, and pastries. The croissants are flaky and buttery, and the pain au chocolat is rich and decadent. They also have a variety of other pastries, as well as breakfast sandwiches and salads.
This Japanese restaurant offers a modern take on Japanese cuisine. For breakfast, they have a variety of dishes, including avocado toast, shakshuka, and Japanese pancakes. The avocado toast is made with fresh avocado, poached eggs, and a variety of toppings, such as chili flakes and black sesame seeds. The shakshuka is a tomato-based stew with poached eggs, and the Japanese pancakes are made with buckwheat flour and topped with a variety of sweet and savory toppings.
This Parisian bakery and cafe serves up classic French breakfast dishes like croissants, pain au chocolat, and café au lait.
This Lebanese bakery and cafe serves up traditional Lebanese breakfast dishes like hummus, baba ghanoush, and shakshuka.
3 Places For A Very Healthy Breakfast in Dubai
Would it not be great if you can maintain a healthy diet throughout your visit in Dubai? Here we have some great options for a healthy breakfast in Dubai:
Bestseller Copper Water Bottles
The Acai Spot is a healthy food cafe that specializes in acai bowls. They have several locations in Dubai, including Dubai Marina, DIFC, and JLT.
Their acai bowls are made with fresh acai berries, granola, fruits, nuts, and seeds. They also offer a variety of other healthy food options, such as smoothies, salads, and wraps.
The Acai Spot is a popular spot for people who are looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast or snack. They also have a great selection of vegan and gluten-free options.
2. Avocado toast at Comptoir 102
Comptoir 102 is a healthy food cafe and concept store located in Jumeirah 1, Dubai. They offer a variety of healthy food options, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
Their breakfast menu features a variety of healthy and delicious options, including avocado toast, granola bowls, and yogurt parfaits. They also offer a variety of healthy drinks, such as smoothies, juice, and coffee.
Bestseller Cupholder Bottles
3. Vegan breakfasts at Wild & The Moon
Wild & The Moon is a 100% plant-based, vegan, organic, and gluten-free restaurant with several locations in Dubai. They offer a variety of healthy and delicious food options, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
3 Places for Iconic Breakfast in Dubai with stunning views
If you want the breakfast with a stunning view in Dubai, check out the options below:
1. Sunrise breakfast at At.mosphere
This is the highest restaurant in the world, located on the 122nd floor of the Burj Khalifa. The views are simply breathtaking, and the food is equally impressive. The breakfast menu features a variety of international dishes, as well as some signature items, such as the Burj Breakfast, which is made with eggs, caviar, and lobster.
2. Overlooking the Arabian Gulf at Pierchic
This restaurant is located on a pier over the Arabian Gulf, offering stunning views of the Dubai skyline. The breakfast menu features a variety of seafood dishes, as well as some classic breakfast items, such as eggs Benedict and pancakes.
3. The Farm, Al Barari
This restaurant is located in the Al Barari nature reserve, surrounded by lush greenery. The breakfast menu features a variety of healthy and organic dishes, such as avocado toast, granola bowls, and fresh juices.
3 Places For Street Food Breakfast in Dubai
Dubai is a melting pot of cultures, and this is reflected in its street food scene. You can find everything from traditional Emirati dishes to international cuisine, all at affordable prices.
Must-try street food breakfasts in Old Dubai:
1. Falafel sandwiches at Al Reef Lebanese Bakery
This bakery is a popular spot for falafel sandwiches. The falafel is made with fresh chickpeas and herbs, and they are served on pita bread with hummus, tahini, and vegetables.
2. Karak tea and parathas at Ravi Restaurant
This restaurant is a popular spot for karak tea and parathas. Karak tea is a sweet and spiced tea, and the parathas are flaky flatbreads that are often stuffed with potatoes or onions.
3. Luqaimat at the Global Village
Global Village is a great place to try a variety of street food from different cultures. You can also find souvenirs, handicrafts, and traditional clothing from all over the world at Global Village.
8 Unique Breakfast Experiences in Dubai
Here are some of the unique options for having breakfast in Dubai:
1. Breakfast in the Sky
This is a unique dining experience where you can enjoy your breakfast 122 meters (400 feet) above the ground, suspended from a crane. The breakfast menu includes a variety of international dishes, as well as stunning views of the city.
2. Baobab Kitchen
This African-inspired cafe serves up colorful and delicious breakfast dishes made with fresh, local ingredients. Try the Shakshuka, a tomato-based stew with eggs poached in the middle, or the Baobab pancakes, made with African baobab flour.
3. The Daily Bread Cafe
This Middle Eastern-inspired cafe serves up traditional breakfast dishes like Ful Medames (spicy mashed fava beans) and Shakshouka, as well as more modern options like avocado toast and shakshuka waffles.
4. The Eggspectation
This chain restaurant is known for its creative and delicious breakfast dishes. Try the Breakfast Burger, made with two beef patties, hash browns, bacon, eggs, and cheese, or the Elvis Waffle, topped with peanut butter, banana, and bacon.
5. Breakfast in Bed at the One & Only The Palm
This luxurious hotel offers a variety of breakfast options, including in-room dining. If you want to really spoil yourself, order the Breakfast in Bed à la Carte. This includes a selection of pastries, fruits, yogurt, eggs, and pancakes, all served on a silver platter.
6. Underwater breakfast at Ossiano
This restaurant at Atlantis, The Palm, offers a unique dining experience where you can enjoy your breakfast surrounded by marine life. The breakfast menu includes a variety of seafood dishes, as well as more traditional options like eggs Benedict and pancakes.
7. Breakfast at Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa
This resort is located in the Dubai desert and offers a unique Bedouin-style breakfast experience. Enjoy a traditional breakfast of Arabic bread, hummus, baba ghanoush, and other dishes, all served under the stars.
8. Breakfast Cruise on Dubai Creek
This is a great way to see the city and enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the same time. The cruise takes you past some of Dubai’s most famous landmarks, including the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Marina.
Final thoughts on Breakfast In Dubai
Dubai is a city that is constantly evolving, and its breakfast scene is no exception. From traditional Middle Eastern fare to international cuisine, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you are looking for a luxurious breakfast in bed or a unique dining experience like breakfast underwater, you will find it in Dubai.
Here are some final thoughts on the culinary journey through Dubai’s morning delights:
- Dubai is a melting pot of cultures, and this is reflected in its breakfast cuisine. You can find everything from traditional Middle Eastern dishes like shakshuka and hummus to international favorites like pancakes and waffles.
- Dubai is also home to some of the world’s most luxurious hotels, and many of these offer in-room breakfast options that are fit for a king.
- If you are looking for a truly unique breakfast experience, Dubai has a few options that you won’t find anywhere else. For example, you can enjoy breakfast underwater at Ossiano or take a breakfast cruise on Dubai Creek.
- No matter what your budget or taste, you are sure to find the perfect breakfast in Dubai. So next time you are in this amazing city, be sure to start your day off right with a delicious breakfast.
Here are some additional tips for planning your culinary journey through Dubai’s morning delights:
- Do your research. There are so many great places to eat breakfast in Dubai, so it’s important to do your research and find the places that best suit your needs and interests.
- Be flexible. Breakfast hours in Dubai can vary, so be flexible with your schedule. Some places may only serve breakfast until a certain time, while others may offer it all day long.
- Make reservations. If you are planning to eat at a popular restaurant, make reservations in advance. This is especially important on weekends and holidays.
- Be prepared to spend. Breakfast in Dubai can be expensive, especially at the luxury hotels. However, there are also many affordable options available.
Note: The hours of operation, ticket prices, and admission criteria of museums, parks, etc. may change from time to time. For the most updated information, we recommend checking the official website of the attraction directly prior to your planned visit.
More From The Blog